Merry Christmas readers! Sorry for the delay and blog posts this month. Most of you know that recently, my husband and I experienced another terrible loss in our family which resulted in yours truly to undergo a life changing surgery. So, I have been recovering for the last few weeks with not much of an appetite for food let alone baking. Today my husband had his family’s Christmas social and what better time to introduce the Santa Strawberries. Originally, my bestie from out westie showed me this idea that she had found. After some much needed pinterest time I found this sweet little recipe and wanted to share!
What you need:
1 lb of strawberries
1 package of cream cheese
1-3 table spoons of icing sugar (to taste)
1 tsp of vanilla extract
Poppy seeds, or chocolate chips
1. Beat cream cheese in bowl on high until whipped. Add 1 tsp vanilla and icing sugar to taste. Place filling into a piping bag with small point.
2. Wash strawberries and drain
3. Slice the tops of the strawberries (enough for a hat) and slice stem section off flat
4. Pipe filling on cut strawberry and place end of strawberry on top for hat. Add filling to the tip as well you could add some down the main strawberry for buttons.
5. Place poppy seeds for eyes